Sunday, January 24, 2016

Weigh in #8 - Saturday food

Saturday morning I had to go to doctor to ensure that I did not have a blood clot in my leg.  The ultrasound showed NO blood clot.  So that is good news, now I just have to figure out WHAT is causing the pain.  Will call back Dr Raj to see which doctor I should go to now.  Could be a tendon thing, could be a pinched nerve.

After the doctor, I met Deb at Egg'clectic cafe in Rolling Meadows.  There were about a dozen healthy/veggie options to choose from.  I went with  

Veggie Skillet
Fresh sauteed zucchini, asparagus, spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes over diced potatoes. Topped with Monterey Jack cheese and two eggs over hard.   (I added a lot of tobasco sauce)
I added an unbuttered english muffin.  I had 3 cups of coffee to drink.


In the afternoon Deb and I went over to check out the LA Fitness in Bloomingdale, We did a 20 minute walk in the pool, 10 minutes in hot tub, then another 10-15 minute walk in the pool.

Last night we had tickets to go see "the man who nurdered Sherlock Holmes" at the Mercury Theater.  It was a REALY good show.  I recommend it to everyone.  You do NOT have to know a thing about Sherlock Holmes to enjoy it.  But if you know anything, there are some nice lines that will make you laugh.  So far we have loved every show we have seen at Mercury.



So we met for dinner before the play/musical.   We went to Mia Francesca's in Wrigleyville.  (Which was a bonus for me, since I got to drive by Wrigley Field on the way to restaurant and on the way back to the play)

I ordered

Bruschette alla Romana
Garlic toast with tomato, basil & fresh mozzarella
Insalata alla Francesca
Romaine, endive, radicchio, carrots, cucumber, tomato, string beans, peapods, olive oil, balsamico & blue cheese
Ravioli al Ragu di Verdure
Spinach filled pasta with a vegetable ragu of zucchini, peppers, asparagus and shiitake mushrooms with garlic and tomato basil sauce
I also had 2 glasses of 
VICCHIOMAGGIO “SAN JACOPO” CHIANTI CLASSICO

I had been pretty good during the week, but wondered if my weekend change of eating style would do me in.  To my surprise it did NOT.  The number today was 273.  another 4 pounds lost this week!!


WARNING SHIRTLESS PICTURES BELOW!!!!!!!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment