Monday, January 11, 2016

Shopping

Even when I have a precise list, it still takes me OVER an hour to get everything at Valli.  I had 4 things that I had to get at Jewel as well. It was pretty much 2 hours from leaving home until I returned.  Then I had to put everything away.

Oh well, better than eating out.

Since tile shopping and dinner at country club wiped out my day yesterday, I was stuck with breakfast AND lunch being the same thing.  CHILI.  Glad I love that stuff.

After shopping I wanted to eat the other half of the acorn squash I had prepared last week.  The problem is that it takes 45 minutes to cook the squash, then another 35 minutes to cook the squash with the filling on top.  But the pay off is that it tastes so good.

Shopping was for 
apple supreme breakfast
berry explosion muffins
no pasta zuccini lasagna 
chickpea "tuno" salad
double batch of chili
salad for Deb and I for lunches (strawberries, blueberries, romaine, baby spinach, mandarin oranges)

So there was some items I had to buy that will last more than the week.  Almond extract, whole wheat flour, nutritional yeast, more small tupperware containers

Tomorrow night I am going to try to make the zuccini lasagna.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried microwaving the squash? I make it all the time and I cut it clean out the seats place it face down in a microwave dish, cover with Saran Wrap and cook fo10 min or so! Works perfect

    ReplyDelete