Friday, January 15, 2016

Muffins, Joe's Crab Shack and Bulls Game

This morning I went to the Dr. office to have them draw blood.  I go back next Friday to get results.  I will post before and after numbers of all of my numbers that were bad.

This meant I could not eat until after 9:30.   Every Friday we go out to lunch, so I just grabbed a few small things.
Banana
A muffin
one of the cookies made from muffin mix
and a breakfast bar that I had made 2 weeks ago.

The banana was starting to turn brown.
The muffins are under done, so I nuked it for 2 minutes to see if it made it better.  It did make it stay together, but I still had to eat with a fork.
The cookie (the ones stuck to foil last night, were also a little under done), but I liked it.
The breakfast bar was surprisingly still good.

For lunch 1 of my co-workers had a 20% at Joe's Crab Shack.  Before we went there I thought the place SUCKED.  I am disappointed to say that it did NOT even live up to that low standard I set.
There were 14 of us.  The waiter was nearly nonexistent.  We had the manager doing most of the bussing of done drinks, finished meals and drink refills.   They had NO IDEA how to do the 20% off and at best gave us 15% off.  They said there was NO button on register to do the 20% off, so the coupon was supposed to exclude drinks.   The place probably did not have even 14 additional patrons in it while we were there.   I ordered a caesars salad.  I think I was brought a side salad portion.  At least that is all I was charged for.  The good news is that they advertise that tipping is no longer required.  Which is good, because we ended leaving about a 3 or 4 dollar tip on a $200 bill that should have been about $175 if they had done coupon correctly.

Tonight we had tickets to the Bulls game.  So I had a veggie burger (which I have had before).  It is the best veggie burger I have had  (mind you this is probably only the 3rd veggie burger I have had out, so I have a limited list to choose from).  I cheated and ordered fries.  {Potatoes are a vegetable, right??}  I also had Goose Island Beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment