Tuesday, January 5, 2016

GREAT News from my Mom

Today my mom had an appointment with her cancer doctor today.  This is the text she sent when the appointment was over

This was AMAZING to hear from her.  She is a fighter and she is NOT giving up!!

I thought today was going to be a simple day with the cooking I had done the past few days, but NO, I decided I wanted to make Apple Supreme for breakfast.   Either I am a slow prep guy, or no-one tells you HOW long things take to make, or else no-one would ever cook.   From prep to eat, this took about an hour and 45 minutes.

I had to peel and chop 6 apples. Chop some nuts, measure out stuff......  AUGH.  I will get better.

Here is what it turned out like.  

It tastes better than it looks.  I already wrote down modification to the recipe in the book for NEXT time.  I learned that BIG chunks of apples take a LONG time to cook.  Now I know to chop smaller.
It made an 8x8 pan full.  Enough for 4 breakfast.  350 calories per serving.

Lunch was the BIG salad I put together yesterday.  I used 0 calorie blue cheese dressing.
I also had chili.  I do not know if I have ever posted a picture of the chili, so here it is.

Tonight for dinner I had some of the Shepherd's Pie from last night.  4 minutes in microwave, and it was just as good as last night.
I also finished up the last of the green beens from yesterday.  I added some salt and pepper before heating them up.  They also tasted good.  (Glad I bought another bag of frozen green beans, so I can make again this week)

At some point during the day I did snack on an orange and in afternoon I had a banana.  So my appetite is coming back.

I went through 2 of my recipe books and put in a sheet of paper that lists ALL the pages I want to make.  May tackle some of these this weekend.  1 was the book of CHEESES!!! so may want to try to make some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment