Sunday, January 3, 2016

Shopping at Mariano's

The cough medicine for the pneumonia, gave me a good nights sleep, so I had some energy today and went shopping for the food I will need for the week.

I decided to see if Mariano's offered anything different than Valli.  With Mariano's being bigger and that I had never been there before and the fact that it was a Sunday, all added up to me liking the store, but NOT enough to drive the additional 8 - 10 minutes.   They did label a bunch of things vegan or vegetarian, so it did make it easier, but there were somethings that I just did not seem to find the exact thing I was looking for.  So I will just stick with Valli. (I do want to check out Trader Joes, and see how much I could get done there).  I may end up store hopping, to get just the right things.

Shopping at Mariano's (and then Valli, to pick up the things I could not find, or plain out missed) took almost 2 hours, and more or less ZAPPED that energy I had felt.

So I rested a little after coming home.  But soon I was up and making the chili.  It is a time consuming effort. (probably 2 hours from prep to final bagging for freezer).  I did eat some of it for dinner.  Tastes just as good each time.

Tonight I just got done making some breakfast "bars" for the week.  I did not taste them, but they smelled good.  They are in the fridge cooling overnight.

Tomorrow is the first day Deb will be back at work since the Thursday BEFORE Thanksgiving.  So I am going to get up early and make an Apple Cinnamon Walnut dish for us.

I get to work from home for 3 more days as I recover from pneumonia.  I have a feeling my energy levels are NOT going to be the same for awhile, so I will have to take it easy with my activity.

Over the next couple of blog entries I will share some of the things I have noticed after 1 month.  The things I feel better about, changes that have occurred to my body, things I miss, and things I am looking forward too.

No comments:

Post a Comment