Thursday, January 14, 2016

muffins

This morning I made a smoothie with Strawberries, Bananas and Almond milk.  It was pretty good.

For lunch I brought in my salad, but forgot to bring anything to put on it.  I was going to eat it plain, then my co-worker reminded me that IN the cafeteria they had ALL the stuff to put on a salad.  (I really was not sure how I did not think of that.  Must have been hungry and not in my right mind).  So I bought a plastic container of peppers, onions, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli....   (Thanks Brian).

I also brought in some lasagna for an afternoon snack.  It really is just a container of veggies with pasta sauce, but I still like the taste.

Tonight we had our FINAL follow up meeting with the Doctor that performed Deb's surgery.  He gave Deb the all clear to return to normal activity.  That is great news.   It was actually kind of a happy/sad meeting.  We think it has been about 3 years that we have gone to him.  He has such a great bedside manner and was wonderful to keep seeing Deb even though she did not have cancer. (He is an oncologist)  But I am SOOOOOOOO happy that everything turned out okay and Deb will not have to go through any more of the awful biopsies she had to endure.

To celebrate, we went to Flat Top.  I filled up a GIANT bowl of veggies and put on lots of spicy sauces.  It was really good, and I did not have to cook or clean up.

Tonight when I got home, I made up 2 breakfast dishes.

One was the Apple Supreme.  I had made this before, but this time I modified the recipe to have more of the blend apple, cinnamon and almond milk.  I liked the way it came out.  After cooking, I split it into 4 containers and put in fridge for next couple of days.

I then tried to make Very Berry Muffins.  They have banana, dates, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.  I cooked them for 5 minutes MORE then was suggested, since they did not look done at end of the recommended time.  I let them cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes then took out to cool on a wire rack.  They still seem to be a little soft on inside.  I think I may have mixed the batter too much.  I will see how they are in the morning.

Oh well, worse case we eat them as a crumble.  Can't eat the whole muffin in 1 bite.



There was extra batter, so I tried to make cookies.  The book said to cook on foil line cookie sheet.  Well the cookies are STUCK to the foil.  Hopefully they will come off once cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment