Monday, January 18, 2016

Rivers Buffet and CHILI!!!!

Since Deb and I had the day off today, we went to Rivers in Des Plaines and had the buffet for lunch.

I tried to be good, but cheated a little.   Veggie pizza, corn bread muffin, mashed sweat potato, broccoli, carrots, Japanese tofu, veggie egg roll, green beans, mushroom ravioli.

Plate 1   

Hey, how did more veggie pizza SNEAK in there!! peppers, romaine let's with olives, garbanzo beans, carrots, raisins, sunflower seeds and catalina dressing.
Plate 2 

Here comes the cheat.  I only ate half the Nutella cheese cake, the sugar free was kind of taste free as well.  The pecan bars were REALLY good.

Desserts
    

I did have 2 cups of coffee for my drink.

Tonight I made a double batch of chili.  I decided that it was easier to make 2 pots side by side, instead of 1 giant pot.   I honestly think I could not do this diet if it were not for this recipe.  I owe Shoba a LOT!!!!

2 pots of chili  (I found out the left burner runs HOTTER than the RIGHT (thanks Traycie), so swapped sides halfway)


DINNER (had to eat some, it was YUMMY)


Lined up waiting to be filled (I saw online that this was an easy way to fill bags, it WAS)


After being filled  (I did 2 ladles full in each one, so each batch makes 7 servings, Deb had 1 tonight)


Safely in the freezer (they lay so nicely)



No comments:

Post a Comment