Sunday, January 10, 2016

Weigh in #6 - Breakfast out and dinner with gramps

Today was weigh in day.

278.8  down 40.2 since Nov 30th.  This is a little less than 2 pounds from last week and that is due to me ACTUALLY wanting to eat this week.   I am surprised that I had lost weight, I would have been okay just staying the same.  So very happy.  I feel so much better in general (even with the recent pneumonia).

Again another day of skipped bowling.  I did not sleep well last night and just did not have the energy to even try to bowl.

So Deb and I decided to go looking for new bathroom tile.  It has been 10 years and the grout is going and we just want a change.
We were shocked at how many choices we had.  We went to Century Tile and picked out 5 samples, which we were able to purchase and bring home.  Then we went to The Tile Store in Schaumburg.   Surprisingly they had 3 to 4 times the number of choices, so on our first past we chose 13 potential choices.  We did notice that the price was almost double the price of Century Tile.  We ultimately narrowed it down to 6 choice....  But here is the part that was BEYOND frustrating... they only had 2 samples in the store.   I do NOT understand why they would not have a box of everything they sell.  I do not know how someone can pick out a tile without being able to see it in the room that it will be going in.  So now we have to wait for Wednesday until they are delivered to store.  Out of the 7 samples we brought home, we do have a clear leader..

Now done with my Rant and back to food....

Well, I did NOT eat anything before we went to Century Tile, so I was starving at 12:30ish when we finished.   So we went to Teddy's diner.   This is apparently my weakness to sticking with a VEGAN diet and crossing into vegetarian territory.  I ordered a Veggie scramble with Eggs and American cheese.  Wheat Toast with Grape Jelly as my side.  Orange juice to drink.  But, wow did it taste good.

Tonight we were going to dinner with Gramps (101 year old) at his country club. North Shore in Glenview.  They had a buffet, so I had salad with carrots, mushrooms, onions, broccoli.  They also offered stir fry, so I had a veggie with corn, pea pods, other veggies.   It was pretty good.

Due to all the running around today, I did not get a chance to do any shopping.  So tomorrow will be a shopping day and a cooking day.

No comments:

Post a Comment