Saturday, January 2, 2016

This explains why I could not shake my "cold" - because it became pneumonia

So this cold I have been fighting, seems to have WON.  Last night a couple times I woke up violently coughing.  Worse than I ever remember coughing before.  So much so that I almost drove my self to the E.R., but decided to wait until 8 to talk to Deb.   She suggested we find an urgent care, INSTEAD of the E.R.  I figured I needed a chest XRAY, so thought that my only choice was an E.R.  Deb found a place in Hanover Park.  (It is located in the old Krispy Kreme building).  We got there and the Dr listened to my chest as a took a TON of deep breaths.  So many so, that I got light headed and had to take a little break.   She (and I) could hear a rattling sound in my right lung, so she DID recommend a chest X-ray.  Conveniently this place had x-ray machine.  The took 2 x-ray's of my lungs, and sure enough they found PNEUMONIA.   I am now on a very strong anti-biotic, and she prescribed me a cough medicine with hydrocodone in it, so that I can sleep.

The funny thing is that NOW I feel fine.  I have a slight tickle in my throat, and get tired easily.  Other than those 2, this is the best I have felt in a week.

So this probably explains my lack of hunger and feeling of laziness the past 3 or 4 days.

On the way home from the clinic though I was STARVING.   So we stopped at Denny's.  We had to wait 40 minutes for prescriptions to be ready and this was across the street from the Walgreens.

I ordered the egg white veggie skillet, with fruit and english muffin.  I also downed 2 large orange juices (which were tasting INCREDIBLE, for some reason).  The fruit had half a banana, a lot of purple grape and a ton of blue berries.  The omelet had fresh spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, squash, diced tomatoes and swiss cheese.   It was very good.  It was around 11 when we finished there.

About 4 PM Deb and I were both hungry again. Finally at 5:20 we went to TGI Friday's.  I had THOUGHT they would have choices,  turns out not so much.  So I went very PSUEDO healthy by getting the Green Been Appetizer.  (I just looked and it is 650 calories) and yes FRIED.

So have I started 2016 healthy (NO) consistent with food plan (NO), but at least the QUANTITY of the bad stuff I am eating is WAY down.

I will be working from home the first 3 days of the week (Dr's orders), so I plan on shopping tomorrow and buying SALAD choices for lunch, fruit to go with my oatmeal breakfast.  I will be making more chili.  And I have picked out 4 recipes I want to try, 2 are for breakfast and 2 are for dinners.  (Details to come as they are prepared)   {{always leave them wanting more}}

Tomorrow is also Weigh in #5.

No comments:

Post a Comment