Saturday, December 19, 2015

Walnut Room

Today was a busy day.  My little sister was dropping of Reese and Zoe, my nieces, so that Deb and I could take them downtown to Macy's for lunch at the Walnut Room.   We thought it did not open until 11, we got there at 10:45, at that point we found out it had been open since 7AM, so we got a pager which would go off when we could be seated.  That happened to be in the 1 - 1:30 window.  The girls had not eaten, since we thought we could eat at 11ish.   So we went down to lower level where there is a bunch of food areas, we did not want them to eat a lot, since they would be eating in 2 hours.  So we decided, lets to DESSERT first.   I got the girls, Deb included, a blueberry muffin and a red velvet cupcake (Deb's favorite).  I had 1 small bite of the muffin that was left over, and 1 finger swipe of frosting from the cupcake.   So now we had to kill 2 hours, thankfully Macy's has a LOT  of stuff.   We started by going outside to look at the windows.  They really liked that.  Then we went to the 5th floor to look at the Tiffany ceiling.  Girls thought it was so pretty.  Then we went to look at all the ornaments and christmas stuff they had.   Deb waited in line to pay for something, so I went to sit down.  We happened to be by bedding, so the girls hopped up on a bed, and were playing with some of the figurines they brought with.



Finally at about 1:10 our pager went off, that meant we got to go wait in line.  After about 10 minutes we were seated, unfortunately far from the tree.  But one of the fairy princesses did come by.  The girls got to make a wish and they were sprinkled with magic dust and their wish was granted.


I did take them over by the tree to get a picture.  Here is one of the cute ones.
.

I ordered Apple Cider Roasted Acorn Squash and Wild Rice Salad.  Apparently I had never had roasted Acorn Squash.  It looked ODD when I got it, but it tasted pretty good.

It was a long day.  We got on the road a little before 3.   We had to take the kids back to Elgin, then head home.   Deb and I were exhausted.

Dinner tonight was the big Salad I had made for yesterday and the chili.  (Star Wars day derailed the normal weekday meals).  I was surprised that 7 or 8 days later the lettuce was still good.  I could tell that it was the last day it would be good, so I am glad I ate it when I did.   Tomorrow we have lunch plans with some of Deb's college friends, then we are seeing our god daughter in The Nutcracker.


No comments:

Post a Comment