Monday, December 14, 2015

Chick'n patties and LA fitness

At work I am taking a class this week and I had not done any of the class pre work, so I had to go in to work early, so I just grabbed 2 bananas for breakfast.  For lunch I brought in one of the pre made "salads" and a chili.   As promised yesterday, here is a picture.


I did not bring a big enough bowl, so I had to mix up the salad in the bag and dig in to pull out a bowl sized portion.  I ended up with over 3 "normal" salad bowls full.  So this led me back shopping to find bigger storage tupperware.  I first went to Walmart, where I had to return the onion chopper I bought YESTERDAY, since it was plastic and broke while I was trying to dice my second onion.  Thankfully the return process at Walmart was a breeze, they took back the broken onion chopper and the corresponding unopened slicer (same company, cheap plastic)  I returned the slicer since I figured it would probably break anyway.   Took me only about 2 minutes to do the return.

Walmart did not really have anything that I liked.  My co-worked Bryan had suggested that I check out Gordon Food Services on Golf for bulk Veggie burgers.  So I figured, MAYBE they have something I could uses.   I was in luck, they had 3 packs of GIANT storage containers for $4, so I bought 2.  The salads are now resting in their new plastic containers in the fridge.


Tonight's dinner was the remaining 3 veggie burgers that I had purchased a week ago.  The 3 were morning star Buffalo Chik, morning star Spicy Black Bean and boca original Chik'n

    


All 3 were really good.  The buffalo patty was pretty spicy.

After dinner I wanted to try out my new LA Fitness membership.   So I went over to use the pool.  They have a 25 meter pool, that is "heated".  (it wasn't very warm, but that is what I wanted).  All I did was laps, walking laps, but laps.  It took me about a minute to walk the length (I was not trying to work up a sweat, just wanted to be in the pool), so I did 10 laps, then I went into the HotTub for 5 minutes then from there spent 5 minutes in the Sauna.   Then back to the pool.  If I thought the water felt cold the first time, it felt REALY cold after 10 minutes in the heat.

Tomorrow will be a lot like today.  Maybe I will have time for oatmeal breakfast though.

No comments:

Post a Comment