Sunday, December 6, 2015

Chili - and first official weigh in.

I made the chili today.  It was VERY good!!!.  Mind you it took about an hour or more to make.  I am just not used to cooking stuff for that long.  It made enough to serve 6 or 8.  I did the calorie calculation using MyFitnessPal and it turns out to be about 275 calories per serving.  I will be having 1 more for dinner tonight.  I froze the rest to use as lunches this week.  I think this will be a Sunday regular thing to make this big pot of chili!

For breakfast this morning, I woke up late, so all I had was a banana and an apple before bowling.

In the afternoon I had a snack of steamed broccoli.

Dinner will also include a nice big salad tonight.  I chopped up 2 carrots, a large Orange Pepper, some mushrooms.  I also ground up 2 oz walnuts and 1 oz cashew.  All tossed with the no cal 1000 island dressing.

But here is the exciting news....  I am trying to limit my weight checking to just Sunday mornings.  Focus on the goal of eating healthy and not so much on the weight loss (which I know will come)

I cheated and had weighed myself Friday night and saw a good number....   Well today I saw an AMAZING number.

303

Down 16 pounds  (before all of you freak out about that is TOO much) let me remind you that I had just spent a week on a cruise, where I probably added 5-6 lbs of weight, that would have come off.  Also in the past when I have dieted it is easy for me to lose 8-10 lbs the first week.  I truly do not expect to lose this much every week.  At that point I would know something was wrong.

This morning at bowling I was talking to my teammate about what I the weight loss and someone from the next lane was listening in.  After I finished, he came over and told me about the MyFitnessPal app (and how he used it to lose over 65 lbs).  It is a cool app that allows you to enter all the food you eat and to track your activity.  It has a GREAT feature that allows you to scan the UPC code of the food and it pulls in all the info.  It also allows you to build your own recipes (and save them)  So I was able to enter ALL the ingredients from the chili I made.  It calculated the whole nutritional profile.  Now any day I eat that, I can just pull it in from the database.

So my calories for today were 1,575.  (not sure if there is a banana/strawberry smoothie in my future)
So I am not starving myself.  On the contrary, I eat when ever I want and as much as I want.

Sorry to post more big belly pictures, but I want to keep tracking how the tummy looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment