Monday, December 7, 2015

Follow up with the Doctor

Today was the day I got my BEFORE numbers from the doctor.  They were not good, they had gotten worse from when I had seen him a little over a month prior.  That was to be expected.  I had eaten like a pig up to the cruise and then kicked the bad eating into high gear on the cruise!!

The numbers that were bad were
Hemoglobin A1c   6.1% anything over 5.7% is a warning for Diabetes.  6.5% is where it IS diabetes.
AST 75 (should be 10-40)
ALT 69 (should be 9-46)  Both of those are liver indicators, they have been high for a while
Cholesterol 202 (should be 125-200)  I am on medication to get it DOWN to this level
HDL 27 (should be greater than 40)  This is the "GOOD" cholesterol.
Triglycerides 266 (should be less that 150) that is the fat in your blood <<< this is the scary number

I told my doctor about the food changes I have made and he wanted to see me again in 6 weeks.  There are certain vitamins and minerals that this diet may cause me to lack, so we want to watch that.
He has been my doctor through the 2 times I had lost a lot of weight before, so he knows I am capable, I just need to stick to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now on to the food for the day

Last night I made some oatmeal to set overnight.  It came out like a pudding, it was really good. I ate it with blackberries.   I also had a banana.

For lunch I heated up some of the chili I had from yesterday.   It still tasted just as good.
I also had an orange.

So that was not much food.  After entering that into the MyFitnessPal app, it showed that I had only had about 875 calories.  No wonder I was hungry for dinner!!!

I had some Baby Bok Choy that I wanted to make.  So I steamed them in my Pampered Chef steamer for 3 minutes.  In the mean time I made a glaze of soy sauce and some sautéd garlic.  It was really good.

The soup was called Boston Pea Soup.  I followed the direction for everything EXCEPT the amount of peas.  It called for 10 oz, but the bag I had was 16 oz.   I did not realize until the soup was cooking for 5 minutes.   So the soup came out a little too runny and with too much of a pea taste.   (I ended up having to crumble in some pretzels just to give it some crunch)    I will be making some crackers from another recipe, so after I do that, I think the soup can be salvaged.  I ate 1/3 of it.  Put the rest in 2 containers in the freezer.

So dinner not too much of a success,  so I made myself a Strawberry, Banana and cocoa smoothie.  THAT saved the day.

All told I ended up at almost 1,500 calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment