Saturday, December 12, 2015

Bulls Game

Apparently weekends are going to be an adventure in eating.  Hard to make home cooked meals when you are not at home!!

We had lunch plans with Deb's 101 year old grandfather.  We picked him up and went to his country club (North Shore CC in Glenview).   He was so excited about the Cubs signing of Heyward.  He is amazing.  He probably knows as much about the Cubs as I do, and he actually knew more about the Bulls this year than I do.  He still gets around great.  And is sharp as a tack!!!

Luckily they had a Bibb salad on the menu.  It had lettuce, baby spinach, radish and some other veggies.  It came with a vinegrette dressing.  I LOVE the rolls they bring to the table, but I was able to NOT have one.  I decided to have coffee for my drink.  Did not want iced tea, I guess.

Late afternoon came along and I was still hungry, so I had a banana.

We went to the Bulls game with another couple and decided that eating at the UC was the easiest option.   The UC has stepped up the food choices since last year.  The location right by our seats had burgers and hot dogs.  They had a veggie burger option.   So that is what I ordered.  It came on a bun with Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato and Onion.  It was EXTREMELY tasted.  So much so that I tried to find out what kind it was.   Turns out that Levy (the company that runs the food at UC) makes it on their own.  It is a shame, because I would probably buy a lot of them.  Bottled water was my drink.  And that is it.  I did not go to the concession stand right next to the burger, the one selling cupcakes and other sweets.  I fought of the urge to do that.    So I did not eat a lot today.  But the choices I made were good ones (and the things I did NOT choose were an even better good choice)

At times it is hard to talk about this change I am making.  People naturally ask, "what about fish?" or "would you still eat chicken?".  I have to keep answering that for now it is still new, and for a while I REALLY want to stick to the items the book suggests.  Not to say that I would never eat meat of any kind again.  But the best and easiest for me now is to avoid them.

Tomorrow is a christmas play at church for my little sister's 2 girls. Not sure if we are planning food afterwards.  So again tomorrow will be a new challange.


No comments:

Post a Comment