Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Sweet Tomatoes

I thought that I had some oatmeal left, so was all ready to have that for breakfast.   DOH, I did not have any made, so just decided to have my last 2 apples.  I still had lettuce and spinach from yesterday left over, so I brought that in with the rest of the portobello mushrooms, some balsamic vinegar and a bunch of seeds.   I knew from yesterday that just the salad would not be enough, so I grab a frozen bag of chili for my afternoon snack.

For dinner tonight I met up with Tony.  He and is wife, Donna, are the vegan couple that Deb and I used to mock for the types of foods they would eat.  The irony is that now that I have adopted this eating lifestyle, I use them as an inspiration for knowing that you can still eat good tasting food that is healthy.   We went to Sweet Tomatoes in Glenview and I grabbed 2 plates and filled them with Romaine, baby Spinach and red lettuce.  I added broccoli, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, sesame seeds, carrots, mushrooms and onions.  Topped it all of with some vinegrette and vegatarian Italian dressing.   They had strawberry lemonade to drink.  I was craving Corn Bread, so I went and got a piece, while I was getting the cornbread, I saw that they have garlic cheese flat bread.  So I grabbed 2 little pieces.

That was it, no pudding, no pasta, no cookies.  All the things I used to eat there that turned my meal into something LESS than healthy.

Tony and I talked for about 3 hours about different philosophies on the lifestyle.  He gave me some suggestions for ways to change up some of my foods I eat.

Looking forward to the challenge of the Christmas holiday.  If I can make it through the next week without eating any meat, I will have gone the whole month.  It has not been bad, and honestly the ONLY food I miss is Pizza.  Unfortunately Tony let me know that I may just have to get over it, since there is really nothing vegatarian that can replace pizza.  (small crying sounds)

No comments:

Post a Comment