Friday, December 11, 2015

Restaurant food

I knew that we were going to be going to dinner tonight, so I tried to eat a little less for breakfast and lunch.   So all I took to work was 2 bananas, 2 oranges and an apple.  I decided after the apple, banana and orange for breakfast and morning snack, that I needed something else for lunch. So I went to the cafeteria a got a small salad.  Then when I got home after work, I was still a little hungry, so I had the banana and an orange.  Hoping that this would keep me from overeating at dinner.

We were going out to celebrate Deb's brother's birthday.  We went to St Charles Place on North Ave in (surprisingly) St Charles.   There was a mix up when they seated our party and it was almost 10 minutes before we grabbed a waitress to ask WHO would be waiting on us.   Because of that the restaurant brought us a free appetizer. The problem is that the free appetizer was saganaki (which happens to be one of my favorites).  So I "cheated" and had a small piece. (Can't pass up flaming cheese!!!!).  There was 1 extra piece left, normally I would have JUMPED across the table to get at it, but today, I passed. So I started to look at the menu and see what I could have.   I saw that they had a vegetable platter, so that is what I ordered.   It came with a salad, which I ordered with balsamic vinegar dressing.  I did NOT have any dinner rolls (that was hard to do).  I asked for the veggies to be done without oil (hard to tell if that was the case) but here is what it looked like

It smelled so good, it had mushrooms, onions, roasted pepper, asparagus, green beans and a browned apple.   (some other things in there that I could not identify).  I also came with a sauce, which I should have skipped, but tasted too good to not use.   I gobbled it up and REALLY enjoyed it.  That is such a GOOD feeling to say that I did not feel cheated.  I also want to give a shout out to Deb, she ordered a strawberry and spinach salad.  She said she really liked it.

Then it came time for DESSERT.  I had hoped they had a berry dish or something but they did not. They did have Key Lime pie, Beignets, and carrot cake.  (all on the list of desserts I love).  I did not order anything (neither did Deb), but someone ordered carrot cake for the table, because she said it was the BEST!!!.  They passed it around, and who was I to pass up the BEST carrot cake.  I took about half a forkful, and I have to say it was AMAZING.  I did not go for anymore bites.  Trying to learn to not cheat myself, enjoy my flaming cheese, savor a bite of cake.   Life is too short to avoid everything,  but eating a plate of veggies and being satisfied, is a great feeling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment