Saturday, December 26, 2015

Red Robin

For some reason I was not that hungry this morning.  So this morning I just grabbed a cookie and went out shopping for cook books!!!

I found 2 cookbooks that were on my Amazon wish list at Barnes and Noble, I had a $50 gift card there, so I overpaid, just so I could have them.  I ended up buying Eat to Live cookbook by Joel Luhrmann,  it had some of the recipes that were in the book of his I already read, but it had plenty of new ones I want to try.

I also by "But I could NEVER go VEGAN!!"   It is a cute book with lots of cool recipes.



I went through and took pictures of a bunch of the recipes, that way I can pick some I want to try and create a shopping list.

Well all the shopping made me hungry, so I came home and heated up some chili.  I only have 2 packages left, so that will definitely be on the list of things I am making.

Later in the afternoon Deb and I went shopping for some stuff for her.   We went to Rosemont outlet mall first, we had to exchange a leather jacket we had bought Deb's mom.  There was really nothing else there that appealed to us. A little too high end for our tastes.

We then went over to Woodfield.  Deb had seen a ring at Macy's when were at Walnut Room with the girls.  So she wanted to see if Woodfield had it.   Well they did not, so we went about to start wandering the mall.   Deb made it to Rogers and Holland, and there she not only found a ring similar to the one she had seen at Macy's but it was one she like MORE.  So..... She now has a new ring.  At this point I was hungry again, so we went over to Red Robin.  They have a light menu that allowed me to do the "burger" as a lettuce wrap, with tomatoes, onions, pickles and jalapeños.  I was also able to choose a Boca burger and a side of Steamed Broccoli.  I went with unsweetened Iced Tea for my drink.  It was not a bad Boca.  It was not 1 I had tried.  I did steal 2 of Deb's french Fries.

Tomorrow is my next weigh in.  I wonder if Christmas did me in??

No comments:

Post a Comment