Friday, December 11, 2015

Company christmas party

Today started out like any day in the past week and a half of this new way of eating.
I did not want to get out of bad (maybe that was due to the fact that it was after 2 AM that I had GONE to bed in the first place).  So because of that I was not able to eat breakfast at home.  So I measured out my oatmeal, chia seeds, cinnamon, and almond milk.  Packed them all up in a bag.  Then I put together what was intended to be my lunch and snacks.  The last of my chili (big sad face that I will not have any of that tomorrow) an apple, an orange and 2 bananas.

Once I got to work, I remembered that today was the day of our company christmas party.....   I made my oatmeal and ate it during my 9 am meeting (I get to be on the phone for that, so no-one saw that I was eating).  Our party was not until 1 PM so I figured I would have time to eat lunch before the party and therefore not be tempted by any food they had out there.   Well I ended up getting busy chasing down a minor issue with a program I had changed last month.  Next thing you know it is 12:55 and everyone else in the office has already left to go to the party.  Oh well, no lunch for me, hopefully they will have stuff for me to eat.

I was in luck, the snacks before lunch were veggies (broccoli, carrots, zucchini) so I ate some of those. Confession ---- I did cheat and have some ranch dressing. (promise you won't tell).  They had the hot trays laid out with labels before the food was out.  I saw Veggie Empanadas, and Veggie Eggrolls.  So that is what I had.   Probably had a few too many, but I definitely did NOT pig out by any means.   The other options I that I did not choose were, sliders (pulled pork, chicken or hamburger)  Beef Empanadas, and 3 different kinds of little bite sized pizzas.    So given the fact that the old me would have had 2 or 3 of EACH of the above offerings, I feel good about ONLY have a few to many egg rolls.  These were tiny little 2 bite sized egg rolls.

When I got home tonight and thought about what kind of salad should I make, I remembered that I had the chili and fruit that was supposed to be my lunch.  So that is what I ate.

WOW that is a lot of stuff, and all I did was talk about food.   Well there is more to my evening.

As I prepare these home cooked meals now, most of them make more than 1 serving, so I have been putting them in containers and either freezing them or just putting them in fridge for the next day.  Well we were like most families in that we had a "tupperwear" drawer of lids and containers of various sizes.  We actually had 2 drawers. Well it seemed that I could NEVER find the correct lid for the container I found.  So I emptied them BOTH out onto the island and went about finding homes for all the lids.  Much to my surprise I only ended up with 3 lids without a container to match and 4 bowls without a lid (but I think some of them may be the SAME as others that did find a lid).  Either way I decided that I had the space to put all the lids on the containers, and store them as a set.  Here are the results.
This will be SOOOOOO nice to just be able to reach in and grab a container that has a lid already attached to it!!!

A talk I had today at work about the PAIN it is to keep having to clean measuring cups in the middle of food prep, led a friend of mine to tell me that she has 3 or 4 sets of them for just that reason.  So off to Bed Bath and Beyond for me!!!!

I am WEIRD about money.  There are times that I can go gambling and lose $100 in 10 minutes and be like "Oh Well" then there are other times, at the race track, where I will hem and haw about whether to spend $6 on a hot dog , or would I be better off getting the $8 pizza.  Mind you I may have bet (and lost) over $40 on the last race...

The reason I went on that tangent was to explain that NOTHING was purchased at BB&B, because I was not going to pay $8 for EITHER of these items.

So I just ended up walking around the store and taking pictures of the stuff I did NOT buy.

Side note, tonight Deb and I went to Target and I found a set of 8 measuring cups and spoons for $2.19, so I bought 2 of them!!  Now I am about to go look online for CHEAP measuring cups!

Apparently someone put an EXTRA quarter in me, since I have MORE!!!!  (I know, what else could there be???)

I have been talked DOWN from the $400 blender, the same person who advised me to get more than 1 of everything told me that she uses a set that cost her around $200.  So now I am thinking in that direction.

Hopefully I have distracted you all long enough.   Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment