Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Day

Sorry that I did not post this yesterday.  That was the first day I have missed.  Was too tired when I got home last night.

Knowing that we were going to Tom and Lynda's in the afternoon and that there would be a TON of food, I started the day slowly.   Here is why.   We went to midnight mass at our church and it was probably 2 AM before we got home.  Of course, I cannot just hop right in to bed, so I was up until 3:30.  That meant that I "slept in" until 11 AM.  We were leaving the house at 1, so I just steamed up the left over Veggie Delight from the night before.

Off to Tom and Lynda's......

Deb was bringing the appetizers and she purposfully purchased a Veggie Tray and a Fruit Tray, so that I would have something I could munch on.    So MUNCH I did!!!   I had carrots, broccoli, snap peas, cauliflower, strawberries, pineapple.....   There were also pretzels with spinach dip  (I had a few of those).   So far not bad.    At dinner I had a large Caesar's salad, some home made coleslaw, a lot of corn.... and here is where I cheated.... she makes the BEST cheesy potatoes, so I had 2 LARGE scoops of those.   I also had 2 rolls.   But the parts where I was GOOD, was in that they had the most amazing beef tenderloin, I did NOT have any of that.   Lynda is an incredible baker and there were more desserts than I could name.   Well I stayed in the dining room talking to Gramps and never even went in to the kitchen to look at was available.  So all in all, while eating a little TOO much food, I did not eat and meat, nor did I eat any desserts.

1 of the other cheats for the day was that Tom had received a bottle of Gold Label scotch for his birthday, so we had 1 of those before dinner and after dinner we had some Dewers 12 mixed with Ginger Ale (I think that is a HighBall)

Last night I could tell that I had eaten too much, but today we plan on running around and doing some shopping for the gifts we did not receive.  So maybe I will work them off.

I did not get any cookbooks for christmas, so I will be buying some today... then I will be shopping for the ingredients to make some new dishes...

No comments:

Post a Comment