Thursday, December 3, 2015

Veggie Burgers?? and Green Smoothies

Last night for dinner I made the Sunny Bean Burger recipe from the book.  The results were "interesting".  I ate me 3 patties with LOTS of mustard and catsup.  I think I may have cooked them a little too long, so they were a little crunchy.  I think I may try it as more of a "meatloaf" next time, with tomato paste and more onions.   Oh well it was filling.

This morning I had the oatmeal and blueberries again.  This time with a little less almond milk and more cinnamon.  I really enjoyed it.

For lunch I decided to try making a Kale smoothie.  It called for 5 oz of kale.  That is a LOT.  Kale is near weightless.  I think I used too much.  Next time I will do about half that.  It also had a banana and raspberries and flax seed and almond milk.   Overall it was not that bad.  I think if I had frozen the raspberries it would have been better.  I added some ice to chill it and it turned out to be not that bad.



I will be hunting around online to find more smoothie recipes.

I think tonight will just be a salad with romaine, green leaf and red leaf lettuce.  With some strawberries, walnuts and vinaigrette dressing.  (Scary but that sounded yummy as I typed it)

Now there is a lot of fruit coming to my house.  2 of Deb's co-workers sent her an edible arrangement.  This is in addition to the 1 she got from the owner of the company.  So I think she will have some that she can share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment