Wednesday, December 2, 2015

And so it begins.....

I took the day off from work today.   Deb is still feeling pain in her right side, so she is not able to get up by herself.  So I get to play nurse Jimmy (Which is a roll I love playing.  I love to dote on my Wife)

I had blood work this morning at 9.  Apparently I was tired, since I went to bed a little after 10 and ,with a few times getting up to help Deb, slept until 8:40.   So flew to doctor just in time.   After that I went shopping at Valley Produce.  Talk about OUT OF MY ELEMENT.  I saw dozens of displays of fruits, veggies and greens.  I was overwhelmed.

Luckily I had prepared a shopping list.  It contained items such as Kale, Almond Milk, Chia Seeds, Dates, Bok Choi and oats.  I can honestly say I have NEVER purchased any of those items in my life.  So I was on a scavenger hunt for random items.

I finally finished all my shopping.  I spent $85 but I was buying large quantities of things that I will need to use repeatedly.

Here is my haul


In order to put that all away, I had to rearrange the fridge and 1 whole cabinet.  I then set out to make breakfast. (which was a true break of fasting, since I had only had an Orange and a Banana since 10 PM Saturday night).   Oats were the meal of choice.   1/2 cup oats, 1 cup Almond milk, cinnamon, blueberries and chia seeds.   Here are the results

It was pretty good.  Not sure if that was because I liked the taste, or that I had not eaten in 84 hours!!

I also have an apple here to eat, but that was pretty filling.

I am concentrating on the HEALTHY eating side of this more than the weight loss, but I know that will happen.  So I plan on only weighing myself Sunday mornings.  That way I have my focus on the correct reason I am doing this.  To eat healthy.

Lunch was a HUGE salad of Romaine lettuce and sauté'd mushrooms, sauté'd carrots and a sauté'd orange pepper.  Tossed with some flax seed and some no calorie dressing.



3 comments:

  1. Nice! Instead of all the chemicals in no-cal salad dressing, try this: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chopped garlic (comes in a pre-mixed container w/water, no chopping involved), and spices (salt, pepper, oregano, onion powder, etc.) Use a shaker container. Easy peasy. When I'm being "good," I try to only eat stuff I can read on the label, no chemicals. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walden Farms also has some no-calorie healthy dressings. A bit pricey, though. Enjoy! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the one I found. Yes almost $4 for a half sized bottle.

      Delete