Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Veggie Burgers

This morning was oatmeal, cinnamon and raisins.   I was running late, so did not have a chance to be fancy.

Lunch was chili and an orange.   Snacks during the day were 2 apples.

After work I decided to see how much more expensive Jewel was compared to Valli.  They were considerably more expensive for most things.  Some were a little less, but now I know to just go to Valli.

I picked up ingredients to make the chili again.  I also picked up some more mushrooms, apples, oranges and bananas.  I decided to venture into some new foods as well.  I picked up squash, zucchini, avocado and eggplant.   Not sure what I am going to do with these, but I will figure it out.

To ease my daily prepping of food, I decided to pick up some veggie burgers.  I ended up buying 6 different kinds  (actually 2 of the were "chicken" patties, not "hamburgers")

For dinner I tried 3 of them
  
My first thoughts as pulling each 1 out of the package.
Roasted Garlic - was dark, looked like a bean burger, could see other veggies
Boca All American - looked like a light hamburger
Grillers original - this looked like a McDonald's sausage patty.

The suggestion was to microwave or cook in skillet for 8 - 10 minutes.  I chose the skillet to get the better results.   I cooked them for 9 minutes, 3 minutes per side, then 1 1/2 minutes per side.

I decided I should prep with some Ketchup, to "enhance" the flavor.
The Boca is on left, Grillers in center and Roasted Garlic on right.

Taste/Favor comments
Boca - had a slight meaty taste, but had the texture of a chicken patty
Grilliers - this tasted like a McDonald's burger.  Had a meaty enough taste
Garlic - this was a little crunchy and tasted like beans (I don't think this is trying to pretend to be anything other than what it is)  I did like the spices in them

All in All, I am happy with all 3 of them.  Next time I will probably eat with Lettuce, onions and mushrooms on it to give it some more.

Tonight was bowling night, so between store and grilling, I was running late and no time for dessert.

After bowling I made a pudding of dates, cocoa, vanilla and avocado.  It is chilling overnight in the fridge.  I will be having that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment