Friday, December 4, 2015

Back to work!

Deb is getting around much better, so I went in to work, to try to get my life back into a normal weekday pattern.  (It had been 2 weeks since I had been there).

Food for the day was some of the same and somethings new.

Breakfast
     Oatmeal with a Banana.  (I finished all the blueberries I had )

Lunch was the first time I had to bring in something.  So I brought
Broccoli, an orange and an apple.  I did bring in the No-Cal 1000 Island to dip broccoli in.

That is 1/2 lb of broccoli and a big orange

Dinner, I was not really sure what I was going to do....
So I chopped up a medium onion, a LARGE yellow pepper, 6 or 7 pieces of garlic and a hand full of mushrooms and started to sauté them in a little bit of vegetable oil.  I then saw that I had a bunch of lettuce left, so I decided Veggie lettuce wraps sounded good.  Right as I was about to take the veggies off the heat I added so low sodium soy sauce for some extra taste.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed these.

I am thawing the melon smoothie that I made and froze last night. That will be my dessert.  

A past co-worker of mine gave me a recipe for veggie chili that I will be making over the weekend (Don't have all the ingredients, so will have to shop)  When I taste how great it is, I will ask her if she will let me share it.

I think I am going to go read through the book some more and see if I can find some things for next week.

Thanks to all who continue to give words of encouragement.  It helps!!


No comments:

Post a Comment