Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Portillo's and a trip to urgent care

For the last few days I have been craving a Chocolate shake.  So today for lunch I went to Portillo's.  I ordered a small fry and a small Chocolate Shake.

And I am pleased to say that I was UNDERWHELMED.  The fries were WAY to salty and the shake tasted cold and nothing else.  I am glad to see that my taste buds have changed to where I do not want to eat that kind of stuff any more.





Tonight for dinner I made Roasted butternut Squash Risotto from Trader Joes.  I think I am QUICKLY becoming a real fan of that store.  This was really good.


As I was making my squash, I was also chopping up some mushrooms and peppers to put on my salads this week.  Well I took too big of a chop and sliced up my thumb.  After about 15 minutes where I could not get it to stop bleeding, I had Deb take me to urgent care.  We got there at 7:57 and they closed at 8.  Thankfully they took care of me and closed up the cut with 2 stitches.  I did not get a picture of the bloody mess, but I will take a picture of the stitches tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your journey to good health! That is really wonderful that the Urgent Care Center was willing to take you in so close to closing time. It certainly helps restore some faith in humanity to hear stories like that. Two stitches doesn't sound like a great way to spend the evening but I'm sure it could have been a lot worse!

    Dot Eastman @ U.S. HealthWorks Stockton (East)

    ReplyDelete