Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Day 100!!!!!

Today marks 100 days that I have been on this journey.  Somewhat surprisingly this has not been as hard as I would have thought.  I have had a GREAT support network, starting with Debbie, my wife!  She has been so encouraging, by looking ahead at EVERY restaurant she would plan, to make sure there was "something I could eat there".   I also appreciate all the comments people have left here on the blog, or on Facebook, or better yet, the ones in person.  No-one has mocked me, or tried to talk me out of "this silly thing".   I really feel that this is a permanent change.  Someone yesterday at work asked me, "How long do you think you will do this?".  My answer was "FOREVER".   I love the food I am eating, I love the way I feel.

To track what I have done in 100 days, here are some before and after numbers

                          Nov 29th                                 March 8th
Hips                     46.5 in                                      42.2 in
Waist                      54  in                                      48.2 in
Neck                    19.2  in                                        18  in        
Weight                 319   lbs                                   256.4 lbs



I hope that along the way I have shown people that an old dog can learn new tricks.  I hope people see that I am NOT starving myself, I am not eating rabbit food, I am not spending hours at a gym,.  I am just making BETTER choices about what I eat.  I know I have forever in front of me to get this right, but I wanted to thank all of you for making the first 100 days a rewarding journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment