Monday, March 14, 2016

Number 9 and Mexican food

Sunday was a VERY exciting day for me.   Ever since we had the memorial service for my Mother I have been carrying around her prayer card in my jacket pocket.  On Sunday morning as I was walking in to the bowling alley I reached into my jacket pocket, took out her card, and put it in my jeans pocket with my wallet.  I said to HER, "Let's go do something special".   My Mother was there on the lane knocking down pin after pin.  After each shot I would stand in back, put my hand in my pocket, and touch the card knowing she was WITH me.  When the last pin fell, I nearly broke into tears.   I had shot my 9th perfect game.



I was a LITTLE excited and a LOT overwhelmed.  My Mother was there for 2 of my 300 games, and she was ALWAYS the first 1 I called after shooting my other 6.  But now I could not call her!!!   But I know she was THERE and helped me do it.

With so much excitement, we went out and had some breakfast.
 In honor of St. Patrick's day, I had Irish Creme in my coffee.

We were at egg'clectic cafe in Rolling Meadows, they have a lot of veggie specials.

I got the veggie skillet and an english muffin.




Sunday night was the last night our friends John and Andrea were in town, they wanted to go to Portillos for their last Chicago meal.

I ordered a salad with French dressing, with Garlic bread and a baked potato.






Another thing about John.  I have know him 30 years, and we have bowled many games together.  He came to watch me bowl 2 Wednesdays ago, then last Sunday he was going to come watch me, but his plan changed and he couldn't come.  When he got back to our place he said "I was expecting to get a text from you saying you shot a perfect game"   Fast forward 1 Sunday, and I WAS able to send him the text that I HAD shot a perfect game.

With all the excitement on Sunday, I could not get to sleep, so again no breakfast on Monday.
At lunch I made a BIG salad, (which I forgot to take a picture of), but it had carrots, cheese, beans, peppers and olives on it.

Tonight we went out for Mexican with Deb's cousin.
We went to On The Border, which has the best chips and salsa.


I ordered the spinach and mushroom quesadilla, it was pretty good.



No comments:

Post a Comment