Friday, March 4, 2016

Lou Malnati's pizza

Our friends John and Andrea are in town for the next week, so there will be a lot of eating out pictures coming.   But trying to not go crazy.

Today at work EVERYONE moved desks.  (Company re-orgs had left teams isolated from other teams they worked with, so today was the day to align things back to a better layout)

That meant an early morning for me.  I was in the office at 7 am to make sure I would be able to get a cart to move my stuff and I could get set up before the chaos started.

Being in early meant that I had first choice of the foods they brought in to motivate our work effort.


So raisin bagel and raisin muffin.

We had an all afternoon meeting, so we ordered in food for lunch.  The group choice was Portillo's.  I was going to skip food, but my boss told be about a pepper and egg sandwich that was ONLY available on Fridays in Lent and I HAD to try it.   So I did.   IT WAS AMAZING...... Not sure what all they put in the eggs, but I loved it.  DAMN, yet another thing that Portillo's has the BEST of.

There were 16 of us that ordered food, so we got an entire cake to split.  DOH


For dinner, John and Andrea wanted to go to Lou Malnati's.....
I ordered the cheese bread as my meal.


The smell of the pizza was TOO much, so I broke down and had a "piece" of pizza.


Yes that is almost an ENTIRE square inch of butter crust,  I know...... I should not have eaten so much, but I could not resist.

Deb surprised John and Andrea by ordering dessert they were not aware of.   So I help finish some of it.



I am afraid what all of this food is going to do to my number..... but gotta entertain friends.  Especially ones that you have know over 30 years, like I have John.

No comments:

Post a Comment