Monday, February 15, 2016

Thursday 11th - Belize and Goff's Caye

In Belize we had an excursion booked.  It was going to be snorkeling and an out of the way island near the reef.  Breakfast was a Nutella donut and a chocolate croissant. and an orange


Amy had grabbed the orange, but they called her tender number so she gave the orange to me.

We had to tender in Belize.  What that means is that the cruise ship could not dock, it just dropped anchor some ways out and we had to get on a smaller tender boat to take us to land.


Once we got on land (15 minute boat ride) we had to find where our excursion meet up was.  We did and had some time to shop.  Nothing but local trinket shops.  Then we went to our excursion and found out the island was a 30 minute boat ride to get to.  We passed our ship on way to island.


This is the boat we took to Goff's Caye.


It was just a little caye


So the day was 15 minute tender to island, 30 minute boat to caye.  Snorkel at beach for awhile, 30 minute boat back to island, then 15 minute tender back to ship.  Lots of water time.

Got back on ship around 3 and was starving.  So I had a salad


Dinner that even breadstick popped up again.


Then I had a cauliflower and cheese dish it was really good, weird texture, but good flavor.


White soup, I call it that, because it tasted white, no other identifiable flavor.


Then a pallet cleansing strawberry sorbet


That night the vegetarian option was potato gnocchi.  While I like that, I did not want all the carbs, so I asked Michael (the head waiter) to make me some veggies.  He asked if I liked spicy or garlic, I said BOTH, so he made me spicy veggies and garlic spinach.




I did not finish either dish, but it was very flavorful.

Dessert later that night from (you guys can guess)
was a pistachio pudding and 1 of those fruit cups I mentioned.


That night Rainbow Dash and I switched card games, and I made the right choice.  Ended up winning $100.





No comments:

Post a Comment