Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday 8th - day at sea

Started the day with breakfast in the buffet.  I had a veggie omelet that I topped with mushrooms.  Potato and onion quiche, oatmeal, 2 hash browns (bite sized, by Rainbow Dash) and a banana.


John is a TRIVIA guy, so am I.  Therefore we went to as many trivia events as we could.




That day, I took a walk around the ship and took a TON of pictures.  (I will post them in a separate entry)

One thing the ship had, that the OLD me would have LOVED, was an area where they had hot dogs, brats, polish sausage and pizza.




I did occasionally have a slice of pizza.

At the international cafe, they had these fruit cups,  I had a bunch of them over the cruise


Monday night was our first group dinner.  The HEAD WAITER of the whole dining room came over the first night after I mentioned to our server that I was vegetarian.  Every day he would bring me the NEXT days menu to ensure that there would be stuff for me to eat.  That was very special.

Started the meal with bread sticks and a roll.  (Decided later in cruise to try to avoid these)





I was going to be so good about writing down all the soups and things I had to eat, but I DID NOT do that, so I THINK this was corn and potato soup.  It was a cold soup.


My main dish was a spinach soufflé with some other veggies.  It was incredible.  Loved the texture of the spinach and the sauce on the other veggies.


The brought out a plate of desserts.  These were each tiny.  I had 1 of the bottom chocolate ones and one of the nut square.


THEN I ordered a nutella (hazelnut) dessert.


But WAIT, there is more.   Our waiter came by selling shots for $3 and you got to keep the shot glass.  There were 6 colors.  So I ordered 4 (we were seated 4 & 7 on first night).  I drank mine and half of Nan's and half of Deb's.   Then knowing that there were only 2 more colors to complete the set, I ordered 2 more.  So basically I had 4 shots.  First 2 were Baily's and Kahlua.  The last 2 were B-52's (I think).  It was enough to give me a small buzz.

We went and saw the production show after that.  The singers and dancers were very good.  I usually do not like the shows on ships, but I went to every one of them on this ship.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment