Monday, January 14, 2019

Sausage Gravy and Boston Creme Pie



Tried 2 new recipes today.  1 success, 1 FAILURE

Sausage Gravy was very good.  It made enough for at least 4 servings.
We did it over scrambled eggs.  I think I will make some cheddar biscuits next time to put them over


I tried to make a dessert for Deb.  Her favorite is Boston Creme Pie, so I tried the recipe from the New book I got for Christmas.  I am not a big fan of BCP, so I really did not care.  I was not sure what the stiff peaks of the egg whites should be.  I was not sure what consistency the custard was supposed to be and I was not sure how melted the chocolate should be, Other than that I had complete confidence in my ability to make the pie.

It looked good, but Deb did not like it.  I don't think it set well.  I have blood work in the morning, so was not able to sample it.  I will try it later in the week after it sets in the fridge more this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment